Pool store chlorine

Eaaaaaagle

Jun 14, 2023
Woodbine, NJ
Hardware store was out so went to pool store. I bought two 2.5 gallon containers and when I asked for the level of chlorine they said 100%. The stuff from Hardware store was only 10%. Is this accurate?

I feel like they ripped me off as usual but that was the only option in my area.

Hardware store was out so went to pool store. I bought two 2.5 gallon containers and when I asked for the level of chlorine they said 100%. The stuff from Hardware store was only 10%. Is this accurate?

I feel like they ripped me off as usual but that was the only option in my area.
It’s probably 10% or 12.5%.

Always disappointing when pool store employees don't even know this stuff, but sadly not surprising.

For reference: chlorine is naturally a gas at normal pressure and temperature so it is impossible for any solid or liquid chlorine to be 100%.

I found not one employee at my pool store, from the kid at the counter, all the way up to the lifetime employees, had ever read *a* label in the store.

They've been told it's pure chlorine by the sales rep and they have no reason to fact check them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.