Pool Step weight ideas needed.

Jul 26, 2017
Oak Grove, MO
The flimsy lip busted that my pool weight sits down in to keep my stairs weighted down. See pix to get an idea of what happened. I don't want to buy new steps and don't think I need to. I'm sure someone has had this same type of thing happen since there are more of these steps out there. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? The view of the hole is from the bottom of the step.
IMG_1341.JPGIMG_1173.jpg

Just today, we zip-tied 2 (1-gallon) Sand-filled Jugs to the underside of our ladder. Filled them with wet sand, it’s just what we had, then sealed the lids on with e-6000 glue... it works so far! Might be a good temporary fix for ya...And it was a good way to use some of the chlorine jugs that are piling up ?

I have a rope with sand filled bleach jugs tied to it hanging under mine - theres holes in the back. I would abandon the “weight” part of that & find a way to use the lid & block the hole so no one can get their foot or something stuck in it ( maybe reinforce it with plexiglass/plastic underneath screwed in from the top with stainless screws so u don’t fall through)
Can u post a pic of the whole steps?
These are mine0CFE0706-AD65-42DA-81BB-51ABCB7EF567.jpeg

My solution was to fill a 5 gallon bucket with concrete. I let it cure for a few days and replaced the lid. placed it in the same location above that had filled PVC pipes. I have the same ladder as above.
An advantage is that as the chlorine eats away at the bucket after about 2 years, I can just turn it upside down to remove the solid concrete and place it in a new bucket. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.