scotty6

May 30, 2023
Tulsa Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
New here.. I’m sure this has been posted before but.. This is my second season owning a pool.
First year we had staining issues. Acsorbic acid took it away. Took water for metal testing and they found 0 Iron and 0.3 copper. Very little..
I have a tree next to pool. Heater has been bypassed and now this same time as last year I am having to remove a stain using acsorbic acid.
Still no metal found. What should I do?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: If AA is removing stains, you have metals (iron). If it's the local pool store doing the water testing, their results for iron are just as inconsistent as the regular chemical levels we test for. You're not on a well there in Tulsa are you? Is your city water known to have high iron in it? County records will disclose those tests. Any chance you have metal objects in/around the pool that may be rusting? Old plumbing perhaps?

Reactions: scotty6
Welcome to TFP! :wave: If AA is removing stains, you have metals (iron). If it's the local pool store doing the water testing, their results for iron are just as inconsistent as the regular chemical levels we test for. You're not on a well there in Tulsa are you? Is your city water known to have high iron in it? County records will disclose those tests. Any chance you have metal objects in/around the pool that may be rusting? Old plumbing perhaps?
I had two tests ran from two different pool places and both came up as 0 for Iron and 0.3 for copper. I even took a water sample after the stains were released thinking it would have more copper in it. But results came up the same. Also when I use a Culator it never turns colors.

I had two tests ran from two different pool places and both came up as 0 for Iron and 0.3 for copper. I even took a water sample after the stains were released thinking it would have more copper in it. But results came up the same. Also when I use a Culator it never turns colors.
Nothing rusty around pool. I do have pop up floor cleaners but have no way of seeing the plumbing.
No well water here either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.