Pool & Spa Heat Command - Getting IntelliFlo to increase RPM when heater kicks on?

May 20, 2016
Overland Park, KS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I found this older thread (below) and while it sort of answers my question, it didn't answer it 100% and I want to pose this to the experts on here. I have a new IntelliFlo3 VSF and I have programmed it to change RPM's when the heater is on for either the Spa or the pool - or so I thought. The issue? It isn't happening like it should.

I *think* I may have swerved into the fix but again, wanted to poll the experts on TFP Forums. Pictures below show the screens from the Screen Logic Configuration Phone App, the Screen Logic Configuration screen and two shots from the actual ScreenLogic Schedules screen. I have always set the heat level on my pool/spa manually depending on the weather conditions and where I want it to be set. I am wondering if I need to change the Heat Command setting on the schedule from "Don't Change" to "Heater" and that will take care of my issue. I believe I can still leave it at "Manual" and don't have to set an arbitrary temperature for this to activate the Spa or Pool Heater circuits, increasing the RPM of the pump.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Need help getting Pentair easytouch to increase pump speed when heat command is given

Screenshot_20240418_163503_SLConfig.jpg20240418_163806.jpg20240418_164027.jpg20240418_164032.jpg

P,

The basic way this works is...

The EasyTouch controls the heater.. It turns the heater on anytime the water temp falls below the set point. When this happens, a small relay closes and allow 24 VAC to go to the heater firing it up.. The relay stays closed until the water temp gets above the set point, this turns the heater off.

When the EasyTouch tells the heater to turn on, it also tell the pump to change speeds, when the heater shuts off, the speed will go back to where it was.

When in the Pool mode it will turn on the Pool heater speed and when in the Spa mode it will turns on the Spa heater speed.

I don't 'think that any of this has to do with the 'don't change' selection.. I say that as a guy who has no heater.. :mrgreen:

You can program schedules that change the set point.. So let's say you have the set point manually set to 70, but a schedule has a set point of 80.. You have to say yes to "Change Heat set point" for that function to work.

I use this to control my standalone spa.. I have no actual experience with pool heater.

Worst case, try your idea and see if it work...

Thanks,

Jim R.