Pool Solar Hot water heater and pump system

scotsditch

Mar 23, 2024
Carlotta, CA
I bought a home with a pool that has been sitting empty for a while. It also appears to have had a solar hot water heater system for the pool, and pump systems. I've got pictures of everything below. (the grey pvc pipe in the room comes from the grey pipe running across the roof.) If anybody could give me some tips on what I'm looking at here and if any of this stuff is worth trying to save, definitely appreciate it.

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg
IMG_2494.jpg
IMG_2495.jpg
IMG_2497.jpg

You are looking at very old equipment which I think is obsolete. If you intend to bring the pool back to life you should install new modern equipment with automation and a solar controller.

@1poolman1 thoughts?

I bought a home with a pool that has been sitting empty for a while. It also appears to have had a solar hot water heater system for the pool, and pump systems. I've got pictures of everything below. (the grey pvc pipe in the room comes from the grey pipe running across the roof.) If anybody could give me some tips on what I'm looking at here and if any of this stuff is worth trying to save, definitely appreciate it.

View attachment 560504

View attachment 560505

View attachment 560506
View attachment 560507
View attachment 560508
View attachment 560509
Basically you are looking at scrap metal.
The filter and separation tank are stainless. The plumbing connecting the parts is copper/bronze. The pump, minus motor is bronze, and the motor can be recycled. The check valve in front of the pump is bronze.
You can see the copper at the old heater and the heat exchanger, also copper. Steel is not worth much and some recycling places won't take it.
The old solar panels were of the "glazed" type. The copper tubes can be recycled.
For the value of the recycle you could probably get someone to remove it all for free.