Pool slide resurfacing help

cjpfaff

Dec 29, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Hey All! Hope this is in the right place. Y'all were great help before with identifying a suction side leak, so hopefully the community can help once more.
I bought my house about two years ago, and it has a pool that was built early 2000s. The plan was to have the pool fully chipped out and resurfaced, but had to pay for foundation repair and a new roof instead. Joy. I still plan to have the pool redone and modernized, but a year or two away now. All the pool remodel companies i have called refuse to do only just the slide as they have a tremendous backlog higher paying work -_-

So, thats the context, heres the ask. The slide is deteriorating, the enamel like product they used to make it smooth and safe for butts is cracking and I need a solution for at least this summer season. I believe i need to sand it, and repaint it, i just dont know with what.

What product would you use to sand and prep? What product should i use to finish it?

Thank you so much. Pics attached!

IMG_5552.jpgIMG_5553.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
See my post here...

Over the last few years the company has tried different methods of repairing the slide chute. All coatings they've applied have eventually peeled. The last method, which involves sanding, patching the cracks, and applying Minwax, has so far held up.

See my post here...

Over the last few years the company has tried different methods of repairing the slide chute. All coatings they've applied have eventually peeled. The last method, which involves sanding, patching the cracks, and applying Minwax, has so far held up.

Thanks for the reply. Your waterfeature does look lovely, but i fully agree with you I will never go faux rocks again. I do plan on having it all ripped out and done differently, but need a temp solution.

You confirmed that I will need to fully sand it down, patch the cracks.... I am looking at Minwax products... do you recall which product they used?

A mobile marine fiberglass company would not come cheap but would get a much longer lifespan.

A mobile marine fiberglass company would not come cheap but would get a much longer lifespan.
You are not wrong... but that may just give it more life for the cost than needed here.
REALLY hoping to only give it one or two seasons max before fully renovating the pool. So looking for a somewhat temp solution to protect my kids butt from a chopped up slide lol :D

Reactions: Newdude
Here are the products recommended by my rock guy. The Minwax paste provides some protection, but requires frequent applications. It only takes a few minutes to apply and remove excess.

Use this to fill cracks...

1681250571992.png

Follow up with paste wax...

1681250646676.png

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.