Pool slide and diving board

Mattlar0806

Jul 6, 2023
Northeast
Every Insurance company’s dream come true or worse nightmare…

Does any one know the rules in NY around how close these 2 items can be. Say the water slide has a 10x15 safety envelope can that overlap with the diving board safety envelope? If no, that would place them impossibly far apart for a single deep end.

Thanks in advance!

Every Insurance company’s dream come true or worse nightmare…

Does any one know the rules in NY around how close these 2 items can be. Say the water slide has a 10x15 safety envelope can that overlap with the diving board safety envelope? If no, that would place them impossibly far apart for a single deep end.

Thanks in advance!
The diving board rules have a very large safe diving zone that excludes pool features from that area. Not sure how they deal with potential “non-permanent” features like a person who is sliding off the end of a slide. May not be any different than just a random swimmer in the diving area who swam there. Or could be some rule against it. You’ll have to look it up. SRSmith has guidelines for both on their website.

But also consider the wisdom of placing the landing spot of those two things in the same place even if there’s no rule against it. Maybe it’s fine, maybe not.

Reactions: Mattlar0806
Every combo I've ever seen in person had the diving board dead center of the deep end wall, and the slide aimed dead center of the flat floor on the deep end portion of the side wall.

I've seen it down to 16x32 sized pools, smaller than that and there likely isn't enough real estate for a diving board. But on a 16x32 the two overlap considerably IMO so I doubt there's a minimum distance requirement and if there is, it's feel good only and doesn't provide any real world safety.

Reactions: Mattlar0806
Every combo I've ever seen in person had the diving board dead center of the deep end wall, and the slide aimed dead center of the flat floor on the deep end portion of the side wall.

I've seen it down to 16x32 sized pools, smaller than that and there likely isn't enough real estate for a diving board. But on a 16x32 the two overlap considerably IMO so I doubt there's a minimum distance requirement and if there is, it's feel good only and doesn't provide any real world safety.

Thank you. This makes total sense and the setup I would aim for. It’s my pool company saying the envelopes can’t overlap yet I see many pictures showing otherwise and find it hard to believe they are all not to code . Could this vary by state? I am in NY.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.