timeking

May 15, 2021
Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello! First time pool owner that gets a lot information reading the TFP forums. First time posting as well.

We had some strong winds yesterday and I noticed once I got home, the pool skimmers baskets were clogged with leaves and other debris as the pumps were running on a timer. I could tell there the skimmer baskets experienced some pressure drop from the pump as one of the baskets had a tear/crack in one side.

I took time cleaning the skimmers and noticed for the first time the suction holes on both skimmers have what appears to be some sort of plastic separation (images below).
Should I be concerned if this is the start of a bigger issue?

I was thinking this maybe plastic/PVC remnants from the plumbing installation process, but was not entirely sure. The pool itself was built in around 2016.

Though both skimmers have two holes, I assume the other hole is not used on both as the holes only contains static debris... no plastic separation observed in these holes.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG-1855.jpg
    IMG-1855.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-1858.jpg
    IMG-1858.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-1860.jpg
    IMG-1860.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
TK,

I can't really tell what that is but it could be old PVC glue..

In the old days, the hole closest to the pool was connected to the main drain and the other hole was connected to the equipment pad.. In newer pools the main drain is connected directly to the equipment pad, and the skimmer hole closest to the pool is capped off on the bottom side of the skimmer.

Let's see what our other members have to say...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: timeking
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.