Pool Service recommended adding CO2 Injection at same time as SWG. Do I need it?

Feb 1, 2015
Austin, TX
When the pool was originally built I had a Jandy AquaPure that worked well. I got tired of replacing cells so decommissioned that and now just use liquid chlorine. I'm considering installing a new SWG (Jandy TruClear) and the pool service company is recommending adding a CO2 injection system.

Did a ton of research here and trying to understand the business case behind this. I've never added a ton of MA and have no issues with dealing with it.

It seems to me that buying/using 4 gallons of MA over a season is considerably easier than buying CO2 and also maintaining the system.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

The Jandy Aquapure is a better, higher quality, system then the Truclear. If you did not like the Aquapure it is doubtful you will like the Turclear better.

The Aquapure has two different cells the 700 for smaller pools and the 1400 for larger pools. I think in a different thread you were asked which cell you had.

The Aquapure 1400 cell is a larger higher capacity cell then the Truclear cell.

If you want to try a SWG again get the Aquapure 1400.

Skip the CO2 injection. CO2 will lower your pH but not change your TA. Depending on your water chemistry you will need to add acid anyway to lower your TA.

Thanks!

The reason they are spec'ing the TruClear is they said the AquaPure had been discontinued. But it's still on the Jandy website so not sure why they're recommending one over the other.

It looks like I had the 1400 model previously.

Aquapure being discontinued is BS. They just like the simpler higher profit system.

Did you have the Aquapure system or the Aquapure EI system which looks like it may be discontinued...

The Aquapure EI is in an Archived area of Jandys website...

This is Jandys best SWG...

Did you have the Aquapure system or the Aquapure EI system which looks like it may be discontinued...

I'm not sure.. the cell is long gone but, if it helps, this is the controller.

Now that I can see the link you posted - no, I did not have the EI

Attachments

• IMG_2506.jpeg
    IMG_2506.jpeg
    457.7 KB · Views: 5
You have an old Aqupure control box. Get a complete new system with new controls. This is what the current control panel looks like...

1710094999964.png

1710095935024.png

That model is obsolete.

The new model is the PLC1400 with an APUREM Power Center.

Jandy AquaPure 1400 Replacement Cell, 40,000 Gal Pool, 16ft Cord, Tri-Sensor - Model PLC1400

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It looks like the model number APURE1400 might be the same, but the power supply is the APUREM instead of the one you have.

1710096648984.png

1710096300445.png

The Jandy APURE1400 is designed for pools greater than 12,000 Gallons up to 40,000 Gallons.

Comes complete with APUREM Power Pack, PLC1400 Cell with Unions, Cord and Flow Switch.

Jandy is pleased to announce the release of the AquaPure Electronic Chlorine Generator.

The AquaPure is a self-contained, compact, purification system, which fulfills all of the pool's sanitizing needs.

Utilizing ordinary salt, the electrolytic cell generates free chlorine year round.

When the chlorine is finished purifying the pool water, it converts back into salt and the whole cycle repeats.

The AquaPure consists of a high, performance cell, flow/temperature/salinity sensor with housing, and a power center with digital display.

The AquaPure is simple to install and will provide years of trouble-free operation.

Jandy AquaPure features include:

High Performance Electrolytic Cell is long lasting, made of solid titanium plates and coated with precious metals
Self cleaning cycle that maximize cell life
Unique tri-sensor that detects water flow, temperature, and true salinity
Precision adjustments to increase or decrease production of chlorine
Automatically "super chlorinates" water on a continuous basis
Boost mode for increased pool usage
Automatic cut-off for low water temperature
LCD display of chlorine production, salinity, temperature, water flow, cell mode and service codes
Advanced self-diagnostics and service indicators
In-home control when interfaced with an AquaLink RS