Pool Schedules

akthegr8

Dec 23, 2023
Fort Myers Beach, FL
Hi,
I have a schedule set in ScreenLogic. It ran fine until 2pm, switching back and forth between spa and pool, but then when it was supposed to switch back to spa from pool, spa never turned on. Wondering why this might have been?
Schedule was: 6a-8a-pool, 8am-10a-spa, 10a-2p-pool, then was supposed to switch back to spa from 2p-4p and never did.

Tell us what automation system you have... If you have the EasyTouch "lite" it can only have a max of 4 schedules and that includes any egg-timers not set to the default of 12 hours. If you have a normal EasyTouch you can only have a total of 12 ...

The problem is that ScreenLogic will let you add a million schedules, they just won't work.

What is the point of running your spa on a schedule?? If your Spa spills over into your pool, running the spa on a schedule is not necessary. You really only need to run the spa mode when you actually want to use the spa.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: HermanTX
I have the easy touch pl4/psl4.
I agree with Jim. This is likely the source of the issue.

Check your schedules on the panel itself and count them. And if you have more than 4, try to recalibrate to run your system with less.

Or, snip the jumper at J23 on your pcb. This will void your warranty but will also change your software limitations.

I agree with Jim. This is likely the source of the issue.

Check your schedules on the panel itself and count them. And if you have more than 4, try to recalibrate to run your system with less.

Or, snip the jumper at J23 on your pcb. This will void your warranty but will also change your software limitations.
I pared down the schedules to only 4 and spa still didn't come on at the scheduled time. Pool ran as it should. Reasoning for spa schedule is bc I have renters and they may not have access to all of the controls.

I pared down the schedules to only 4 and spa still didn't come on at the scheduled time. Pool ran as it should. Reasoning for spa schedule is bc I have renters and they may not have access to all of the controls.
To clarify - you did this on the panel or screenlogic?

Screelogic will only show basic schedules. It will not show egg timers or other types like "once only" etc.

You need to go to the main easytouch panel and verify under schedules across all features, you only have 4.

Related - we specialize in rentals, and the schedule you have set is unusual and not what we would consider ideal. You are better off with a 24-hour pool schedule with one or two spa schedules on top. And if we have to schedule the spa, we do it 6-10AM and 6-10PM. Short spa cycles are inefficient because you lose that heat into the pool every transition, and you are heating to a higher (and subsequently more thermally unstable) range for no use most of the time. Depending on the time of year, you'll overheat the pool. This is assuming the spillover or makeup lines are used. If you are trying to seperate and juggle each body independently, I would advise you not to for many reasons.

My experienced opinion is you are better off giving instructions and letting the guest hit "V" when they want the spa. And give it an egg timer for 3 hours.

Why can't you run in pool mode and then in spillway mode?
Spillway mode can be set to run two times daily for 15-30 minutes to refresh the spa water.
Then Spa Mode (with heat) can be set separately - either on a schedule or on demand.

Do you have spillway mode set up in the automation?
Are your valves turning properly when the mode is changed?

Like Jim, I guess I don't fully understand exactly what you want spa mode to do.