Pool Room Storage (Pics would be nice, too)

plays10s

Mar 2, 2022
Carrollton, GA
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We are getting ready to build a pool pavilion. On one end will be the bathroom and pool storage storage room. Three sides will be open. What chemicals can I actually store where it will not be heated or cooled? Do I have to have a fan? Will a ceiling fan work? If you could supply pics of your pool room storage, I would greatly appreciate that.

Thanks so much!
LaDonna

The only chemicals that I ever have on-hand is muriatic acid (used weekly) and cyanuric acid. I store the muriatic acid in the garage and the cyanuric in the house (under 20lbs on hand at any given time). Extra salt also goes in the garage.

You can store Muriatic outdoors and Cyanuric is also probably fine outdoors. Salt you can store anywhere.

Bleach should be stored indoors.

I don't think a fan will do anything with 3 sides open you'll not get any heat buildup.

Reactions: plays10s
It is not a best practice, but I keep everything outside in unconditioned buildings, except for testing reagents (those are indoors). Bleach, MA, CYA, Salt, AhhSome, Aqua Clarity - all outside in either the pool shed or the hot tub shed. I am sure there are some detrimental impacts to some of the stuff, but none that really made me ever want to move anything to a different storage spot.

You do not want to store muriatic acid anywhere near chlorine (any type). They do NOT play well together. Also don't store the acid near metals as the vented cap on the acid releases gasses that will rust metals.

I store my CYA, excess DE filter aid in a shed, along with salt. During the off season we buy a few gallons of Liquid Chlorine and keep them in the garage.

The nice thing about the TFP method of pool care is that we don't *use* a mess of potions that we need to store (or pay for!) so there isn't a lot to deal with.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.