Pool robot

Fugazi

Apr 9, 2015
Saint Augustine Fl
I have been manually cleaning the pool 2x a week...
I currently scrub/net on Wednesday and the weekend. And on the weekend I also add to the list cleaning skimmer, cleaning basket leading to pool pump and vacuum.

So I’m not sure activity the robot would replace...

What benefit would getting a robot give me?

A robot would clean the pool (excluding any steps or ledges) and scrub the walls. You do need to brush the ledges/steps but we find swimming takes care of that too.

F,

I clean my pump basket about twice a year... You might want to think about using hairnets in your skimmer baskets to keep all the junk out of your pump and filters..

If you enjoy what you are doing now, then a robot is not for you. But, if you hate to vacuum and brush, or you just don't want to wait for the weekend to get the stuff off the bottom of the pool, then a robot is the best way to eliminate those tasks..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I must live under the worst pool conditions ever. In-season I run my robot 2-4X a week, clean my pump basket (and backwash) weekly and am regularly pulling stuff out of the skimmer baskets. We did manual vacuuming for a while until I realized I could take care of a number of chores (dry-cleaning, grocery, fill car with gas) in the time it took to vacuum. Purchasing my robot bought me extra time in my weekends.

We had a big 24 hour wind storm two days ago that loaded our pool with debris and all we could do was watch it happen. In less than 12 hours after the storm the pool is TFP clean thanks to the robot, the hairnets, the leaf net and a few extra ppm of FC.

Reactions: Fugazi
We had a big 24 hour wind storm two days ago that loaded our pool with debris and all we could do was watch it happen. In less than 12 hours after the storm the pool is TFP clean thanks to the robot, the hairnets, the leaf net and a few extra ppm of FC.
I'm there with you. We had quite a bit of stuff blow in yesterday and I have only had to spend about 30 minutes netting stuff out. The rest is done w/ the hairnets and the robot...it's about as easy as it can be. I fully expect the pool to be back to pristine condition within 3 hours.

As needed is my experience. If the pool is clean then my robot sits on its side inside the shed.
I look at old pics of my old suction side cleaner and hose sitting in the water 24/7, running every day. Prior to that, having to hook up my vacuum system and spend a couple of hours doing it by hand only to do it all again when I could not stand to look at the debris. Pool cleaning has changed for the better.

Reactions: Fugazi
We are very happy with our POOLVERGNUEGEN Poolcleaner, We leased a house with a smaller pool that had the two-wheel model. But for the past four years we've owned a very large pool and decided to go with the four-wheel model. Have a Hayward canister in the hose line that I clean out every weekly or every few days or so as needed. Runs continually off the "vacuum" port. We leave it in the pool and it does a great job. Also, have the Poolskim skimmer product on the return port, which acts as an additional skimmer and more than doubles the skimming effectiveness. I've been happy with both.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.