Pool Reno: last minute decisions

scordovaogg

Aug 30, 2023
Tampa, FL
Hello,
My pool renovation is set to begin in 2 weeks and there are still a few last minute decisions I must make. Looking for some advice/help:

1. We are demolishing old glass block wall in our spa spillover and widening the opening by 2 or 3 feet. See picture of current spillover.
  • We really like the sound of the waterfall with current set up but will we still get the sound of it if we do tile over the spillover, or do we need to do granite/marble spillover top with 2 inch overhang?? I love the clean/modern look of the waterline tile on the spillover, but still want the sound. Nikilyn has pic of her's and looks like water is flowing over. Is that a setting on the water flow to make it waterfall over or will it just drip down the face? Attached is a picture of the waterline we've picked.
2. We really like the shimmer of abalone shell, but our PB said it will void the warranty from NPT on the Stonecapes finish. We are still deciding between Stonescapes mini Aqua Blue or Stonescapes Mini Aqua White (leaning toward Aqua Blue). I'd love to do Aqua Blue with Hand tossed Abalone...but I don't think PB or Sub will do it. They may mix it in... if I sign a waiver. Also has anyone with Aqua Blue/White Minipebble had any staining issues with abalone? Seems like it would be more issue with white cement finish vs the darker pigmented finishes.

Attachments

• IMG_7568.jpeg
    IMG_7568.jpeg
    622.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 194209.jpg
    194209.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7819.jpeg
    IMG_7819.jpeg
    625.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
IMO, the smaller the opening the more you can control the water flow for the "water falling sound" that you're looking for with return valve positions. This is especially true when using VS pumps at lower speeds.
MY OPENING IS TO WIDE and water falls down the tile face , two years ago I removed glass blocks also during a refurbish and the size of the opening (is to wide) was never discussed until after the completion. If you can add EXACTLY the size opening you expect to your contract do it. I wish I did.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.