Pool re plaster - White spots, edges, discoloration

ctmsound

Aug 14, 2023
Sacramento, CA
Hello everyone, new to the forum. We had our pool re plastered in late April with a nice (seemingly) tahoe blue plaster with diamond brite Quartz.

Start up was done seemingly correctly by a local pool shop. I even verified chemicals myself to make sure. The pool started developing white discoloration, spotting throughout a little over a month in. The plaster company assured me that this was an efflorescent build up and that with scrubbing the pool would get rid of it. Scrubbing didn't do anything. They then suggested this was our fault and that an acid wash would clear up the problem. We acid washed the pool and while some of it looks better, the problems are still there. What's worse, now there's a large discoloration all throughout the pool that wasn't there.

Just coming on here to post some photos and get some 2nd opinions about what is happening to this pool.

Is this bad plaster? Was this a bad plaster job by the company? I'm at the point where we are going to ask them to re plaster the pool. It frankly looks terrible and we spent a lot of $$ on this job.

Thanks ahead of time!

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_3704.jpeg
    IMG_3704.jpeg
    563.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3705.jpeg
    IMG_3705.jpeg
    563.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3706.jpeg
    IMG_3706.jpeg
    433.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3707.jpeg
    IMG_3707.jpeg
    375.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3708.jpeg
    IMG_3708.jpeg
    617 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I wish builders showed pics like this or my pool when they were explaining how plaster will look. I feel like we all would then lean towards a pebble product. I was never told my plaster would look the way it did upon them finishing - it's the builders job to set the expectation, it's incredibly frusterating after all the time, inconvenience and money spent that this keeps happening...

Reactions: Shelly36536
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.