Pool rail advice - I got a quote for ~ $1350 installed.

Chuckiechan

Jun 10, 2014
Roseville, CA
Thanks to jimrade, I clipped a photo of his of approximately what I plan to get. (Ignore the vertical black lines). I'm still investigating the idea. I got a bid from a pool plasterer, rehab guy.
The railing is drilled and into the cement, (not screw anchors) is stainless steel with white covering for 1350 ish then "add another $150 for white". We have a couple people in the family who are calorically challenged and would benefit.
Am I getting hosed? I am in Sacramento, Ca valley, BTW.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1121.jpeg
    IMG_1121.jpeg
    425.6 KB · Views: 14
Chuck,

The rail that I have was about $600 bucks in 2017, so no telling what is it now.. Drilling into the deck is a lot more work, then what I did.

I did not do this on purpose, but note that using the above deck mounts keeps the end of the rail out of the water, which I like.

a couple people in the family who are calorically challenged

I almost blew coffee through my nose when I read that.. :goodjob:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Newdude
The railing is drilled and into the cement, (not screw anchors) is stainless steel with white covering for 1350 ish then "add another $150 for white".
Can you explain exactly what this means?

How much is the labor and how much for materials?

How many visits will be required?

Approximately how much time will be spent per visit?

What is the make and model for the handrail and the anchor cups?

Are they core drilling holes in the concrete and installing anchor cups?

The rail and cups will have to bonded unless they are certified as not needing bonding like Saftron.

SĀFTRON polymer rails are non-conductive.

When used with SĀFTRON anchor sockets and bases, or installed directly into the deck, no grounding/bonding is required.

SĀFTRON has been tested to be non-conductive by STR Laboratories.

The current NEC code shows that SĀFTRON pool rails do not need to be grounded or bonded as the rails are sealed at the time of manufacturing.

We have also received a letter form NFPA (NEC Codes) stating that they feel SĀFTRON pool rails are not required to be grounded or bonded.

When I held him up, he retracted his bid, so the figures and part numbers were apparently auto deleted.
The railing was stainless steel, with gray plastic Teflon covering. The total was for parts and labor. The company was a pool plaster and remodeling company.
That is all I have. But I just do it myself, or not at all. Bonding would be an issue,and the scope of work was not included in the bid.
So this thread is delete able.