Pool Pump Won't Shut off with Screen Logic Andriod App or Windows Console with Easy Touch 8

W.J.Christy

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Feb 17, 2022
Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I recently downloaded screen logic for windows and got it all set up. Now, when I click on the "Pool" button to turn off the filter pump in windows, it doesn't turn off. The button in the windows app will pulse and the pump will stay running. In the android app the button will just keep re-highlighting itself in blue and the pump will keep going.

Editing to add that the button on the easy touch itself was not functioning either.

Not sure what I did. Any ideas?

The pump will run for a few minutes before turning off, to prevent rapid on/off switching.

If you go to the "Delays and Alerts" tab after you click the Pool button to turn it off, you'll see "Pool Pump" listed under System Delays. This indicates that even though you've asked for the pump to be turned off, the system is delaying before acting on your request. If you really need the pump to stop immediately, click the "Cancel Delays" button.

Reactions: W.J.Christy
It wouldn't turn off at all. I ran a self diagnostic test on the easy touch, it came up with error code 14... I am having some trouble finding what that code means.

Some more information,

both of my intelliflos show display not active as the should. For some reason, the cleaner pump was kicking on when it wasn't supposed to as well.

Screen shots of all my settings are below. As far as I am aware, I didn't turn the booster pump (cleaner) on myself and its not scheduled to come on at any point either. The main issue is the filter pump not turning off with the windows interface, android app, or at the panel when pressing the button. However, the cleaner pump could be symptom of the same issue.

I did press the reset button on the Easytouch and it did shut it all down, however, it didn't resolve the issue. The other buttons appear to work correctly. I am able to turn the water features on or off with all devices, as well as the booster pump. The issues seems to be limited to the filter pump switch. To get the filter pump to shut down, I had to flip the breakers on both the pump and the easytouch. After the second time of that, I stopped and asked for guidance since I know that could damager things further.

Recent changes include adding a circuit to the breaker box section of the panel for my gazebo lights, and adding a heater bypass with an actuated valve. Both were fully functional prior to these issues and appear to be so still.

We did have a power outage today where the power cycled on and off a few times rapidly before going out for about an hour. I am worried that may have damaged the main board, flip side, I could upgrade to the intellicenter if it did. Right? RIGHT? Hopefully unrelated, prior to downloading the windows screen logic software, I went through the upgrade process for the protocol adapter about 10 mins prior to the power going out. The upgrade was successful and seemed to not be affected by it.

All help is appreciated on this one. If there is something I am missing below please let me know and I will try to get it for you.

1681436258604.png
1681436297048.png

1681436336855.png1681436372129.png
1681436434737.png
1681436466136.png
1681436490106.png
1681436511752.png
1681436585312.png

WJ,

I don't see anything obvious that would cause the problem you are having..

Your Cleaner Circuit has a Circuit Function of Generic which eliminates my idea of the cleaner being the issue.

I suspect that you have had hardware failure or that the programming has become corrupted.

If this were my system, I would erase the PROM which will delete all your programming. But with ScreenLogic on your PC it is about an half hour of work to set it all back up again.

If you decide to do that, go in first and make screen shots of all the set up pages.

Let's hope it is not a hardware issue.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
your relay transistors maybe bad. I recently had to replace mine after a surge. My symtoms included one of my outputs/relays was always hot (button didn't turn it off), also my poot heater wouldn't come on (firemans switch used by ET closes a circuit).

There are two ULN2803A chips that control all the inputs/outputs (8 on each chip) to all devices on the board. Surge can take some of the transistors out.
Check my video out. I have all info in the description of the video for the parts.

your relay transistors maybe bad. I recently had to replace mine after a surge. My symtoms included one of my outputs/relays was always hot (button didn't turn it off), also my poot heater wouldn't come on (firemans switch used by ET closes a circuit).

There are two ULN2803A chips that control all the inputs/outputs (8 on each chip) to all devices on the board. Surge can take some of the transistors out.
Check my video out. I have all info in the description of the video for the parts.

That's a pretty easy fix and relatively inexpensive (less than 10 bucks). I have the chips on order and plan to replace them if i still have an issue today, or after erasing the prom chip.

I figured it out, I did reset the prom chip and re-programed the easy touch only to have the problem come back. What was causing the non-shut down was having the "on during heater cool down" button checked in this screen

1681482278779.png

It having that checked froze the panel and wouldn't let it shut down. I would like to have the pump on during heater shut down but if it will cause it to not shut off that is a problem. Any ideas on if I need that checked? Especially with a heater bypass?

Any ideas on if I need that checked? Especially with a heater bypass?

Not necessary for your MasterTemp heater. In the EasyTouch and ScreenLogic manuals, Pentair says, "Heaters manufactured by Pentair Water Pool and Spa do not require this cool-down period and do not need the delay to be set up."

Last edited:
Not necessary for your MasterTemp heater. In the EasyTouch and ScreenLogic manuals, Pentair says, "Heaters manufactured by Pentair Water Pool and Sa do not require this cool-down period and do not need the delay to be set up."
that is most helpful. It would appear that you were correct in the first place. I appreciate your input and help.

WJ,

Well, that check box "should" not have been an issue, unless the system somehow thought the heater was on or was just on. Was the heater actually on???

I do not have a heater, so not sure how the EasyTouch knows that the heater was just shut off and needs to cool down???

Thanks,

Jim R.

WJ,

Well, that check box "should" not have been an issue, unless the system somehow thought the heater was on or was just on. Was the heater actually on???

I do not have a heater, so not sure how the EasyTouch knows that the heater was just shut off and needs to cool down???

Thanks,

Jim R.
It was not on at the time. All heat commands are manual and none were on. I think this is why there was an issue, the EasyTouch may have stuck in a "do loop" of sorts that could only end when the heater shut off or something of that nature and since there was no communication between the heater and easytouch it couldn't end the that progam. I may be grasping at straws, but its a thought.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.