Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi,

I have a Jandy VS pool pump that suddenly not filling up water after it is done priming. The water level is not low and the skimmer flap door is working as expected. I have the valve open to the skimmer and the main drain. I could see the water coming into the pool pump basket but it seems to lose suction. I replace the pool pump entire gasket lid with a brand new one but that didnt work. I lube the valve intake o'ring with Danco Silicone grease (95% Silicone and safe for nitrite/rubber o-rings) but that didnt help. I turn off the pump and use a hanger to see if the pool pump impeller had something clog but it didnt. Right now as a work around I close the main drain and the pool pump basket seem to hold the water with skimmer fully open. I am at a lost right now on what could cause the issue for the pool pump not to maintain the water after priming. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• PXL_20230602_195620536.jpg
    PXL_20230602_195620536.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 19
I close the main drain and the pool pump basket seem to hold the water with skimmer fully open.
That would tend to point to a problem with the main drain line. Can you post some pics of your equipment pad so we can see all the lines and valves?

Hi,

I have a Jandy VS pool pump that suddenly not filling up water after it is done priming. The water level is not low and the skimmer flap door is working as expected. I have the valve open to the skimmer and the main drain. I could see the water coming into the pool pump basket but it seems to lose suction. I replace the pool pump entire gasket lid with a brand new one but that didnt work. I lube the valve intake o'ring with Danco Silicone grease (95% Silicone and safe for nitrite/rubber o-rings) but that didnt help. I turn off the pump and use a hanger to see if the pool pump impeller had something clog but it didnt. Right now as a work around I close the main drain and the pool pump basket seem to hold the water with skimmer fully open. I am at a lost right now on what could cause the issue for the pool pump not to maintain the water after priming. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220705-154252_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220705-154252_Gallery.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 23
I'd get a garden hose with a slow flow let it go on top of that diverter valve and the Union right before the pump it's got to be possibly right there.
I did that already while the skimmer and main drain valve was open but didnt see any difference. The pool pump was still losing suction. I check the pvc pipe for any tiny holes and use a hole to go over them to see I can find anything but no luck.

A little tough to see the details of everything in the pic. Maybe later you can post a couple more pics a little closer? But I do see what appears to be actuator valves. Do you have a spa as well? Please update your signature when you get a chance. Any pool details listed can help us. I still have a suspicion about the drain line (or controlling valve) since you seem to be pulling water better by skimmer only. But let's try to get more pics and go from there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pour water over the lid see if that changes anything. I had one that developed out of nowhere a hair line crack in the clear plastic portion for one minute to the next and was doing the air game . Once I let water run over the top it began to fill. A new lid cured that issue.

That would tend to point to a problem with the main drain line. Can you post some pics of your equipment pad so we can see all the lines and valves?
Here are some pics of my pool equipment pad

Attachments

• PXL_20230609_133912427.jpg
    PXL_20230609_133912427.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20230609_133920238.jpg
    PXL_20230609_133920238.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20230609_133927235.jpg
    PXL_20230609_133927235.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 11
By any chance, is one of the skimmers a combo skimmer connected to the drain? And the suction line marked as "Main Drain" draws water from both the drain and the skimmer?
I was told the skimmer is separate from the main drain. When the main drain is shutoff, the pool pump looks fine but I see some bubbles.

Attachments

497.6 KB · Views: 2
Pump crock drain plugs, there's one or two which can be suspect too at times.
I will take a look later on today and lube it will silicone. Has anyone use this type of lube below?

DANCO Waterproof Silicone Faucet Grease | Silicone Sealant | Plumbers valve Grease for O-rings​

A little tough to see the details of everything in the pic. Maybe later you can post a couple more pics a little closer? But I do see what appears to be actuator valves. Do you have a spa as well? Please update your signature when you get a chance. Any pool details listed can help us. I still have a suspicion about the drain line (or controlling valve) since you seem to be pulling water better by skimmer only. But let's try to get more pics and go from there.

Attachments

• PXL_20230609_133920238.jpg
    PXL_20230609_133920238.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 3
Hopefully these pics are better. I have a pool pump for the sheer water fall. Could that be an an issue evern though it I dont have it running only when we are swimming?

Attachments

497.6 KB · Views: 5
Pour water over the lid see if that changes anything. I had one that developed out of nowhere a hair line crack in the clear plastic portion for one minute to the next and was doing the air game . Once I let water run over the top it began to fill. A new lid cured that issue.
I purchase a new pool pump gasket yesterday and try it but still same issue.

Those few tiny bubbles while on skimmer mode are fine. But if you are seeing a large drop in the pump pot when you switch to drain suction, then it would make sense that is where the trouble is. Before assuming there is something wrong from the drain or line itself, you might consider removing the top to that 3-way valve before the pump and examine to make sure something didn't get wedged in there on the drain side effecting water flow. It can happen after opening. The only other thing I can think of other than a problem with the drain line itself is perhaps something stuck in the drain area (under the cover(s) itself.

In most cases we relate air in the pump pot to a suction side leak, but it would be good to rule-out a potential water restriction on the drain line as well. If nothing helps after that, you may need to contact your builder for assistance on the drain line.

Those few tiny bubbles while on skimmer mode are fine. But if you are seeing a large drop in the pump pot when you switch to drain suction, then it would make sense that is where the trouble is. Before assuming there is something wrong from the drain or line itself, you might consider removing the top to that 3-way valve before the pump and examine to make sure something didn't get wedged in there on the drain side effecting water flow. It can happen after opening. The only other thing I can think of other than a problem with the drain line itself is perhaps something stuck in the drain area (under the cover(s) itself.

In most cases we relate air in the pump pot to a suction side leak, but it would be good to rule-out a potential water restriction on the drain line as well. If nothing helps after that, you may need to contact your builder for assistance on the drain line.
Thanks Texas Splash. I will take the 3way valve apart later and see if anything is stuck or causing it. Do you think I should get the plumber bladder and blow it in thge main drain pipe? It is just odd that all of sudden I am having suction issue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.