Pool pump leaking

BellaBuggy

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 24, 2015
Bardstown KY
Please pardon me if this is answered elsewhere - I did search and couldn’t find my answer.

We have a 33’ above ground that we purchased 3 years ago. It came with a Blue Wave pool pump - not the best I realize, but it worked fine for us with zero issues (until the day it died, lol). This year it went bad and we received the same one as a warranty replacement.

From day 1, the new pump has been very difficult to seal. It wants to leak, just a little, no matter what we do. We lubricated the o-ring, and even tried replacing the o-ring. Same problem. Is there something else I could be doing wrong here? Previously I’d just opened the lid to fill the basket with water, tightened the lid, and ran the pump. Easy peasy. Now the basket will not stay full of water because of the leak, so I don’t feel comfortable running the pump.

The o-ring bulges out if I tighten it too much, but if I don’t go at least to this point then the leak is a water fountain instead of a drip.

Just want to be sure I’ve covered all my bases before I contact the company over a possible defect.

Thank you!60E38EB6-A5D6-4962-9969-973284B10FE1.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.