Pool Possibly Dug in the wrong position in yard - now what?

Reynolds_pool

May 29, 2023
Charlotte, NC
Any advice from pool builders would be greatly appreciated. Attached is an image of our pool design - what it was supposed to be. We are supposed to have room at the end of our pool for an 8 ft hot tub. It appears that the pool should have been about four feet more into the yard to allow room for the hot tub. Of course the other end can be dug out to extend the length of the pool on the other end, but is it possible to fill a portion back in and get it compact enough for the tanning ledge if moved in four feet? We don’t want to have settling issues, etc? View attachment 504311IMG_1229.jpegIMG_1187.jpeg

On our pool build, the builder marked out the pool location and elevation, showed it to us, and had me sign a document saying it was in the correct location. Did yours do that? If they did - you are stuck, without paying costs to move it. If they didn't, then you have much in your favor.

Don't panic, everything is fixable. Ask the builder to confirm all the measurements. Sometimes an open excavation looks different than the finished product. If it is determined that the hole needs to move, then yes the over excavation can be filled back in. They will need to use a compact-able material (sand or crushed gravel, NOT clay), placed in 8 inch layers, with each layer compacted with a machine.

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
See that fill dirt on the Baja shelf….if it settles, your pool will crack. I’d dig down the the solid stuff.

Add a pad to the right and move the spa there.
I think this is a good solution, place the hot tub on the opposite side. I wouldn’t want to chance settling and it’s nice to have the hot tub on the opposite side of the pool so it’s not in the traffic pattern to enter the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.