Pool placement in the yard

That area is not shaded if we take down both trees. Last night at 7:30 that area was still getting sun! We have no power lines over head. Not interested in a fence unless we have to someday. There are few fences out where we are (rural).

kimkim1123 said:
That area is not shaded if we take down both trees. Last night at 7:30 that area was still getting sun! We have no power lines over head. Not interested in a fence unless we have to someday. There are few fences out where we are (rural).
I'm surprised they don't have fence law for swimming pool's..Around here inground most have a fence around it..Above ground's must have lock'd or ladder from outside must removed when no-one is in pool.

They do have a fence law that is waived if the sides of the pool are at least 48" high, which ours are. I should have made sure to specify that this is an above ground pool. I'm sure there are a few in-ground pool around here... but the majority are above ground.

The pool that we are getting for free comes with a pool fence that attaches to 3 sides all the way around. We plan to add a deck on the one long side that has a locking gate. I also want to make it where we can padlock the gate when not in use. I'm all for safety, otherwise I'm a worry wart!

Here is a picture of the pool we are getting. I have concern that we won't be able to build a deck right away. We will have to find out if a locking ladder is sufficient in the meantime.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 46
Look's good.You may want to consider keeping tree's.just a good trimming back.Will,provide some shade&privacy on that side..I have a row of Cypris tree's on property line on pool side & front .Work's very well for me..they are cheap&grow anywhere..

I personally would leave the trees, at least the right one (labelled "trees") I would even keep the "remove" tree unless the roots are known to be near the surface. I enjoy having shade in the pool as I don't like being in the pool when there is no place to get out of the sun. When it's 100F, the pool only cools you so much. Having my head in the shade while in the pool is nice. If you know you are adding solar, you could add it to the roof of the shed or design it to to be used like a "fence". Either way, you set the solar up for maximum sun and place the pool for human comfort.
Moving the electrical is going to be the least of your expenses. You are going to need to trench for the pool's electric, and the solar pipes. Another couple feet of trench to re-direct the shed's electric is nothing when you already have the tractor leveling your pool site or a ditch digger on-site.

We are getting the pool installed and that includes the electric! So, we'll only be trenching for the solar and that won't be right away.

My husband and I spent the evening in the yard with the tape measure and settled on a spot for the pool. It will be at least 10' away from the house. 2' away from the left tree that has wilt. We are going to take down that tree. The tree on the right stays! The pool is 15' from the property line, too. So, it should be good... we will see what happens.

The deck won't be this year.. so we'll figure that out down the road.

Thank you for all the feedback, everyone!

Attachments

• pool_layout.png
    pool_layout.png
    445.8 KB · Views: 34
Yep, that's exactly what we are going to do. The tree farther from the pool needs a good trimming and needs a good dose of Jobe's tree spikes. The tree on the left definitely has to go. It would only be 2ft from the pool. It appears to have wilt and we were going to try to save it, so this isn't really heartbreaking having to cut it down.

Well, this is all starting to fall in place! Hopefully the township agrees with our plan!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.