Pool Pilot Nano Dies

gorji

Jun 11, 2014
Syracuse, NY
After 7 years of use (4 months a year), my Pool pilot Nano has died and now I'm probably going back to just using a simpler using liquid bleach.

A little history: I was getting a low amp- check cell warning and running the test showed 0 amps and no output. Bought a new cell but the same warning happened. Took the head unit to the shop where I bought it and after internal inspection, I was told the unit itself is bad.

At $1300 (Entire new unit) for a replacement, it's a big chunk of money. I realize the advantage and convenience of my pervious SWG unit. Purchased it for $1100 7 years ago so the until cost me about $150/year without taking the cost of salt into account.

I searched TFP for some form of liquid chlorinators but most of the threads are old.

Hoping for some feedback here. Am I wrong in not replacing the SWG?

Am I wrong in not replacing the SWG?
They are overwhelmingly cheaper long term if you upsize them, even with credit card interest if you made payments on it.

But that doesn't make the funds available or make it a top priority at this point in the game of life. So sometimes it has to wait.

My $1467.71 with tax replacement cell would produce 1005 gallons of 10% worth of FC. They would cost $6199.80 with tax at Walmart, but I'd likely hunt out a slightly better deal in that case. It would still cost a ton though.

Reactions: gorji
They are overwhelmingly cheaper long term if you upsize them, even with credit card interest if you made payments on it.

But that doesn't make the funds available or make it a top priority at this point in the game of life. So sometimes it has to wait.

My $1467.71 with tax replacement cell would produce 1005 gallons of 10% worth of FC. They would cost $6199.80 with tax at Walmart, but I'd likely hunt out a slightly better deal in that case. It would still cost a ton though.
Thanks for your post. Is the SWG's limited by the amount of chlorine it generates assuming water chemistry is within reasonable limits?

Is the SWG's limited by the amount of chlorine it generates assuming water chemistry is within reasonable limits?
Yes. Most units have a lifespan of 10k hours of producing and produce a set amount based upon their rating. A 40k will produce twice as much as a 20k in the same amount of time. You'll therefore run the 40 half as often (all else being equal) and double its lifespan.

Upsizing 20 to 40 nets 100% more life but costs about 20% more (fluctuates a little between brands, but it's similar). So the upsizing math works hardcore in your favor

Reactions: gorji
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.