Pool out of lever or a hole in the cover ?

Took winter cover off of pool, pool is almost drained. The installer is coming on Sat to install liner. I noticed that the pool has sunk a bit near the rails where my ladder has been for 10 years. I'd say it's about 2" or so out of level from the rest of pool. I guess all the weight from getting in and out of the pool over the years has done this. Do installers normally account for issues like this and fix before they put the new liner in or is this going to cost me more for them to re-level that area? I am waiting for them to open today so I can call them and ask, but I wanted to see what you guys thought first. What is involved in re-leveling ? The pool floor is fine, it's just the section near the ladder area.

You know what I'd do? I'd go get a few 1" patio pavers an put them under the post that are low and get more sand and pack it in on the inside. Then on the outside, get dirt and go around it and pack it on the outside under the rail that you just brought up to level.

If the liner had a hole, the leaking water took the path of least resistance, which is that low spot. It made it soft enough for the pool to sink on that side. You never did provide pics. It would be nice to look at the problem before the liner gets dropped.

You know what I'd do? I'd go get a few 1" patio pavers an put them under the post that are low and get more sand and pack it in on the inside. Then on the outside, get dirt and go around it and pack it on the outside under the rail that you just brought up to level.

If the liner had a hole, the leaking water took the path of least resistance, which is that low spot. It made it soft enough for the pool to sink on that side. You never did provide pics. It would be nice to look at the problem before the liner gets dropped.

That doesn't sound too bad to do. For some reason I suspect the "A-frame" ladder pushing down on the top rail did it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.