Pool Opened, now what?

CH. 1-2
PH 7.4
FC. 2.5
CC. 1.5

My sister said they pressure washed the steps before putting them in the pool.

Just added 6.5 more gallons at lunch and will check again this evening.

Is there anywhere specific I should pulling the water from to test?

20160610_130027_resized.jpg

I go along the side, halfway between where the deepend slope starts and the deep end wall. I reach out as far as I can and submerge my bottle upside down to at least elbow depth and then invert the bottle. You don't want to be near a return.

I would check that light niche.

Are you targeting 24FC in PoolMath? You need to at least aim for that goal or a tad higher. It is all about hitting the FC that will eliminate contaminants and keeping it there so they don't have a chance to survive. 12FC is not high enough.

Are you targeting 24FC in PoolMath? You need to at least aim for that goal or a tad higher. It is all about hitting the FC that will eliminate contaminants and keeping it there so they don't have a chance to survive. 12FC is not high enough.

I thought FC at 24 was only for Shock/Slamming? I think I'm done Slamming, I haven't Slammed since Saturday and the FC is staying above 12, not dropping at all. Shouldn't it be around 7 normally with my CYA level? Also we're getting white bubbles on the surface when swimming which I though was due to Calcium Hardness but we haven't added any.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wee! Happy to see the kids enjoying the pool :)

The bubbles could be the side effects of those pool store chems you added a long time ago. They will eventually get oxidized by the chlorine. Also, excess laundry detergent on swimming clothes could cause this, too.

If you mean calcium hardness is 4, does that mean it took 4 drops to turn color? If so, your CH is 40, 4 times 10=40. Otherwise, please explain.

You should test FC and PH daily, dosing to keep FC at target level for your CYA and to never allow it to get below minimum. Use pool math to determine how much to get to your target level. I go a little over target and never allow my pool to get to the minimum. Each pool is different and some days will need more bleach than other days. You will notice a pattern over time and test PH less frequently, but don't become too lax in your testing/dosing.

Test TA, CH and CYA at least monthly or after you've replaced water. You can test TA more frequently if your PH swings too frequently.

I go along the side, halfway between where the deepend slope starts and the deep end wall. I reach out as far as I can and submerge my bottle upside down to at least elbow depth and then invert the bottle. You don't want to be near a return.

FYI, I did this the other night, and must have stuck my arm in an 'ant float', b/c I got bit up about 20 times on my shoulder, back, and neck by fire ants. Not fun, lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.