Pool Math Target Values

How do I change them in Pool Math app?
You don't. TFP recommended levels are designed with a multitude of factors that determine what a level should be for each pool type, condition, method of chlorination and much more. The generic recommended levels published by Hayward, the pool store, or many other retailers do not do that. They assume you will chlorinate with tablets and that's about it.

You can't mix TFP pool care with generic recommendations, but if you let us, we can go more into details about any specific chemical level to help explain it more for you.

Also see ------> Pool Care Basics

Welcome! :wave:

Hi there, and welcome to Trouble Free Pool!

I understand that the 'Ideal' and 'Recommended' values suggested in the PoolMath app may differ from Hayward's recommendations. Currently, changing these target levels isn't an option within the app.

Is there a particular parameter that's causing concern? We'd be more than happy to explain why we set our recommendations the way we do. The guidelines provided by TFP are based on extensive real-world experience and scientific research in pool care, and we find that they often result in better water quality and easier pool management.

If you feel that these alerts aren't useful for you, there is an option to hide them. You can do this by going into the app's menu, scrolling down to 'Advanced Settings,' and then selecting both 'Hide Ideal Range Alerts' and 'Hide Recommended Range Alerts.' After you've done this, make sure to save your settings.

However, I strongly advise against this. We'd really love the chance to assist you with your pool care and to explain why our approach is different - and we believe better - than others. So please, give us a chance. We're here to help!

Whenever you see the word 'ideal', mentally replace it with 'this is how most pools respond to this method'. All the methods have a range and an 'ideal' which is literally nothing more than the overwhelming average.

But no two pools are the same, even neighbors. So while the ideals may give you an idea what to expect using that method, your specific yard, general climate and fill water chemistry will determine if you fit the norm.

If your pool behaves a little different, but the CSI is still favorable, pay it no more mind.