pool loses alot of water in the winter

Boxley

Nov 3, 2023
Marlboro nj
My inground 18,000 gallon pool lost 9 - 12,000 gallons of it's water within three weeks of closing, this year and last. I barely had to add any water (miniscule amounts a couple, few times for evaporation). The Pool and equipment did not leak each summer, but each winter, it does. I have two main drains but, it doesn't completely drain out. The neighbors yard is lower than mine and he has a drainage system in his yard so, I don't see any wet areas? I am stumped...any ideas?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Is this a vinyl or plaster pool? If you are 100% sure there is no water loss during the summer (and you have no auto-fill), but does drop in the winter, I might suspect a small break on a suction side line. That could allow air IN with pump on but not water out when the pump is on. Once off, water can seep out. Otherwise, perhaps a cover pump pulling water out by accident?

How abut posting some pics of your pool, equipment pad, and anything else around that area to help give us more to go on.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.