Pool Liner wrinkling

RookWDW

May 20, 2021
Ohio
Need some help understanding why my liner is wrinkling pretty badly. It has several long wrinkles across the short side in the areas that slopes to the deep end. It also has wrinkles in the corners. We bought this house three years ago with the pool included and until this year the liner had no winkles. I don't see any areas where it has pulled away from the edges so I'm not sure where the slack came from. We have a heater and the wife insists on keeping it around 88. We also have a robot vacuum cleaner that you plug into power, I'm not sure if that is causing anything. The liner was replaced, allegedly, in 2020. Its a 16 x 32 in ground pool in Ohio. I'd hate to have to replace it already.

Any ideas or advice?

Need some help understanding why my liner is wrinkling pretty badly. It has several long wrinkles across the short side in the areas that slopes to the deep end. It also has wrinkles in the corners. We bought this house three years ago with the pool included and until this year the liner had no winkles. I don't see any areas where it has pulled away from the edges so I'm not sure where the slack came from. We have a heater and the wife insists on keeping it around 88. We also have a robot vacuum cleaner that you plug into power, I'm not sure if that is causing anything. The liner was replaced, allegedly, in 2020. Its a 16 x 32 in ground pool in Ohio. I'd hate to have to replace it already.

Any ideas or advice?
Just one of a plethora of articles on wrinkles in vinyl pools. Google "pool chemistry and vinyl liner wrinkles":

Its a place to start.

Reactions: RookWDW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.