Pool Liner Replace - first time NOT going DIY on it. Have some ?s

May 27, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I have learned and done all my own pool work after inheriting a 20x40ft inground 8.5ft deep end sand filter pool. I replaced all the equipment last year with success. I decided the liner was above my pay grade. I've had terrible experiences with some of the "pool guys" here in Wisconsin when we first go the house. I'm gun shy on the whole thing. I called and emailed for quotes, got 3 replies back, and only 1 ever showed. The quote is $12k to replace the liner which includes draining, measurement, replacement, the liner itself, and refilling / startup.

Does that seem like fair market value? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I live in northern Illinois Chicago suburbs. We just had our liner replaced this spring. Our pool is a Grecian 16x32, 6ft deep end with full stairs at shallow end. All quotes were $7200-$7900. We paid $7200 which included everything and two trucks of fill water. Liner, measuring, draining, all repairs to concrete if needed,install, new drain covers and return jet covers and skimmer face cover, refill.

Your pool is about 40% bigger?? Liner materials would cost more. Labor? Not sure.

So 40% more expensive to do the work? That would be about $10,800-$11,000? I’m just spitballing. Try to get another couple quotes if you can. Seems like they are overpriced even at the high end.

It’s really, really expensive living around our area. Most things cost way more than nearby states, even food. It’s totally a ripoff and we are taken advantage of. It’s why we are looking to leave our state when we retire. I don’t know if Milwaukee is the same as Chicago or not.

Last edited: