Pool Liner Help

Aug 22, 2010
Hello All:
I am in need of a new pool liner. After 14 years mine has faded and several patches. I got a quote for 27mil and 20mil, both Merlin. The 27mil was a little over $1,000 more. My question is does it it worth the extra $$? Also, they mentioned GLI vinyl pool as an option. Any thoughts on GLI vs. Merlin? Should I go with the 27mil? Any other options that are worth the $$?
I have salt and the pool is in sun all day long and I'm seasonal in NJ.

The question I'd ask, what was your liner that last 14 years? Whatever that was, I'd get another one of those, nearly regardless of price. I just had a 27 mil Latham (20x40x32 L with 16' textured liner covered step) installed. I was in a pinch so I didn't really get to shop around, $3,720 for the liner.

Reactions: Newdude
I have had a GLI and then a Latham in the span of a year. Quality seemed the same except that he seams are a lot more noticeable on the Latham liner. Might be the difference in pattern, but if I had to choose again, I would go back to GLI and the less visible seams.

I got a Latham liner that is an electric blue color. It’s solid blue all the way though with a print on top. The old liner had completely faded when we bought the house. So much so I thought it was a white liner that was installed, until I saw a section under a gasket. My thinking is that when the liner does eventually fade, it will fade to a solid blue color and I should get more use out of it as that should be less of an eyesore.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.