Bronze Supporter
May 14, 2022
Minnesota
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So we have non-functioning fiber optic lights. We are not at all handy and don’t want to mess with anything (ie-trying to retro-fit) and also, I’m cheap! So i have a vinyl liner and want to use those little battery operated pool lights that stick to the wall. Unfortunately, the suction cups are not strong enough-they keep detaching and ending up in my skimmers. They do include a metal plate with some adhesive that will hold the lights magnetically. So my question is, would you advise against sticking these metal plates to my liner?? I really want lights but cannot spend an arm and a leg right now! Thanks!

So we have non-functioning fiber optic lights. We are not at all handy and don’t want to mess with anything (ie-trying to retro-fit) and also, I’m cheap! So i have a vinyl liner and want to use those little battery operated pool lights that stick to the wall. Unfortunately, the suction cups are not strong enough-they keep detaching and ending up in my skimmers. They do include a metal plate with some adhesive that will hold the lights magnetically. So my question is, would you advise against sticking these metal plates to my liner?? I really want lights but cannot spend an arm and a leg right now! Thanks!
Biggest question, what will the adhesive do to the vinyl? Also, they're really not that bright.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.