Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Hello-
My pool light went out last week. I took it out and to saw I had a 500 watt incandescent bulb in there. I went to Leslie's to see what options they had, and they did not really have any. So went to PoolZoom, and local pool store here in San Antonio. I bought a PAL light LED, with all the the colors. The guy told me the light is a ton brighter than you think and it will be fine. I also bought a replacement 500 watt incandescent bulb just in case.

When I installed the light, and tested out that night it was quite dim. The white was OK, but the colors are way too dark for my pool. So I took that one out, and put in the replacement bulb, and returned the LED light (it was $260) I am operational, but still have a 500 watt incandescent bulb in there, which cannot be efficient at all.

Any recommendations on a suitable LED replacement, or an LED one that changes colors, but is brighter than the one I already tried? when I google pool lights there are many options. Hoping someone here has some experience with a good one.

tia,
Paul

How much time do you have your pool light on?

Does the electrical efficiency really make a difference?

For LED lights white will always be the brightest color and other colors will be dimmer.

How much time do you have your pool light on?

Does the electrical efficiency really make a difference?

For LED lights white will always be the brightest color and other colors will be dimmer.

Your question(s) got me thinking. I really do not use the light much, just at night when anyone is swimming, and that is not every day. The light is quite bright, and at this point I will just put on a dimmer switch and call it a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.