Atlanta, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So I recently got a replacement LED pool light (a $70 one off amazon, not a premium certainly) and I cant help but notice it has more of a narrow beam than I was expecting, rather than a wide and flood-like. I have a freeform pool and a single light housing on a long side of the pool shining across the short dimension, so this exacerbates the narrow beam problem. I feel like some kind of light diffuser (inside the light housing) would help. Anyone else encounter this? Yes I'm sure someone makes a broader light beam but trying not to spend $500 on a lightbulb.

Thanks!

Thanks so much. For what its worth my cheap Chinese LED pool light has failed. After about 10 hours of use. First night I left it on overnight - had no problems. Second night I switched it on and it is dead. Its a "Bonbo" brand 50W/6500K on Amazon. About 18mo ago I bought a "WYZM" 35W LED pool light on amazon which lasted a season and a half with little use. I have had a few residential LEDs fail and when they do they seem to flash for a while then totally go out. The GFCI is not tripping so I assume it is overheating somewhere. Maybe the $400 lights are worth it overall (but certainly if they fail just as often that is ridiculous!)

Note I think I really want to stick with a white color as I love the blue look, and with only a single bulb in the pool a decorative color may look funny. Was worried about all the color changer options because seems like more points of failure and maybe a dimmer output.

Thanks all!
Aaron

Patrick I purchased the pureline white. It looks great. Also it has more durable seeming construction than the ones in the $60 range. Has been working great. Thanks!

Unfortunately I'm not aware of an add-on diffuser that you can purchase. We do carry a $150 LED Bulb that has pretty broad beam spectrum, you could possibly return the $70 bulb you purchased and get one of these PureLine PureColors LED Bulbs

ar26pt6, Thats great! I'm glad it's working well for you, I would love to see some photos if you get a chance. You could post them back to this thread.

I looked at the selection of bulbs you guys carry... are there any that work by remote. Would rather not cycle through my on/off switch to find the perfect sequence.

My light switch isn't near the pool, would be a lot of running around to make sure I have the color I want lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.