Pool level going down

Yes sir. I did the bucket test several times last weekend and it looks like I lose 1/8" in less than 12 hours by evaporation. Same in the pool. That means that the pool is not leaking but that doesn't explain the water in the backyard and the soaked grass. The water is located where the overflow drain is running which doesn't make any sense ...

Maybe I will dig it up one day ...

Losing 1 inch a week seems odd during winter in Houston area since my coworkers told me they lose almost no water.

Thank for your help guys
G

Did you leave it for a full 24 hours? Once with the pump off, once with the pump on for comparison?

Ha, those pesky neighbors. That is another possibility gbraillon, the wet yard is a leak from somewhere else, and you are focused in on your pool as the source. If the bucket test checks normal, then investigate the leak as another source. If you find a leak from something else, then you can put your mind at ease about the pool.

I see you have a SWG. Do you add salt frequently? When mine was leaking, I had to add salt about once a month or so.

Ha, those pesky neighbors. That is another possibility gbraillon, the wet yard is a leak from somewhere else, and you are focused in on your pool as the source. If the bucket test checks normal, then investigate the leak as another source. If you find a leak from something else, then you can put your mind at ease about the pool.

I see you have a SWG. Do you add salt frequently? When mine was leaking, I had to add salt about once a month or so.

The neighbor was the one who warned me about water in both our backyards. We thought it was the sprinkler system but our water meter shows no leak.

Also I have an alarm on the IntelliChlor that tells me if there is enough salt so I would say no I do not add salt frequently. I only added 100lbs of salt when I moved in.

Good morning,

Bucket test from last Friday:

- Bucket lost 3/16"
- Jaccuzi lost 1/8"
- Pool lost 1/8"

The bucket loses more water than the pool ...

Temperature was around 75 degrees in Houston area.

Does that sound real for you guys ?

Well, that result would suggest there is no leak in the pool. If your water bill is not excessive, the wet spot may simply be ground water coming to the surface. Is it in a fairly low area?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.