pool leaking

had the auto chlorinator replaced last week, seems to be working better with that problem.

plugged skimmer hole, still losing water. left the pump off for the past 3 days and bam down about 2-3" exposing all the tiles.

i was told to get the pool resurfaced with being the current surface begin jackhammered out and having a new surface put on?

The walls themselves should not leak unless there are cracks in the surface of the pool, or large areas where the plaster is missing. You mentioned before there are some returns that appear to have been added later and the fittings are not flush with the wall. Depending on how they were installed that could be a source of water loss too. If you could take some pictures of the the problem areas and post them here that would help us trouble shoot your problem. You can use a free photo hosting site like photobucket to post pictures on TFP.

The link for the pictures is good. Are the while splotches on the plaster where it was previously patched? It looks like a lot of caulk was used around the skimmer opening and that one wonky return. Did you add the caulk or was it already there? I am not convinced the plaster alone is the problem. I'd skip grouting the existing tile and remove it and re-tile the area. Something, either a poor tile job or poor maintenance by the previous owner is causing the tiles to pop off. If you re-grout now tiles will continue to pop off. If the pool has stopped leaking just below the tile than the tile is likely the problem. This is just my opinion. I'd get some other folks to weigh in and have a couple of pool modellers give you an estimate before making any decisions.

all this mess was already here when i bought it.

the tile is a mess and as you can tell, is falling apart. the odd part is the pool held water fine all summer, fall came and losing water. there are a ton of pathces in this pool, too many to photo.

where in florida could i get pool tile and what type of mortar/grout would i need?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The niche that the light fits into has a sealed opening to run the power cord to the light. The seal can fail and cause the pool to leak. Let the pool continue to leak out. If the leak stops about 1/2 way up the light that is probably the main source of your leak.

If the water has stopped lowering, you should be able to inspect along that level and identify the leak.

We won't be nearly as much help guessing as you being there and identifying it visually.

and there appears to be a crack along the right side halfway up
If it's at the water line, that may well be it. If it's above the water line....probably not.

The source of your leak should be at the waterline.......can't think of any other tips than that and that is usually sufficient.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.