Pool leaking at buddy seat

pollyAnna

Jul 15, 2019
Princeton NJ
Hi
we noticed in Tuesday that our pool is leaking. This is not our first leak so we’re able to quickly narrow it down to the buddy seat. With the previous leak the due was clearing spiraling away, this time it’s slower ( water level dropping less rapidly) the dye is gathering at the edge as shown in the photo.
We live in Jersey so have maybe 6 weeks of pool use left this season and don’t want to to it up everyday. We are looking for the quick fix (bodge) to see us through. Thinking silicon sealing?
Appreciate community thoughts!

Attachments

• IMG_1827.jpeg
    IMG_1827.jpeg
    483.6 KB · Views: 12
You need something that can be applied and cures underwater, like flex seal. Marine sealant won't cure unless it's dry.

For a quick possible fix, cut a piece of Saran wrap and place it in the leak area. It might draw the plastic in under pressure, reducing the leak greatly.

I had a recent slit in my liner and the Saran wrap stopped the leak until I got the patch kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.