Sandiphete

Jul 7, 2019
US
Help! We have a 3 year old intex ultra frame 26' round pool. Late last summer, we seemed to be hoping it off more than usual, but we knew our heading system dropped some, so we thought that was the problem. We made plans to improve it this spring. Our spring has been miserable, so we got a late start. We just got it filled on Monday. Then we left for the holiday on Wednesday, with just the pump running. I got a text from my neighbor on Saturday telling me that they had shut our pump of because the water level was low. We got home today and it is about 6" low. We had a lot of rain over the weekend, so we think we have lost several thousand gallons. It doesn't seem to be getting lower. All signs point to a hole in the side somewhere, but we see no signs of wetness anywhere on the sides of the pool. Any suggestions?

First look around the entire pool surface for anything that looks suspect or unusual. If you see anything you can gently squirt a little food coloring in the area and see if it gets drawn into the place you think may be the leak ‘ the water should be calm, don’t stir up the water while squirting, you are looking to see a tendril of the color being drawn into the leak

Check around any cutouts for skimmers or lights, by any ladders or steps, and around any seams.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.