Pool is too deep

When they shot my gunite they did a poor job and my pool ended up way too deep. It was supposed to be 5.5 feet in the middle and shallower at each end. The entire pool ended up being closer to 6 feet deep with only a small shallow section.

At night, I put a laser level at where the water line would be and walked around the entire pool with the wife. There was only about 20% of the pool she could stand in without the water line above her neck and she is 5'8". In those areas of the shallow end, the slope was significant as well. Pool builder said depth was within the 6" tolerance specified in our contract.

Long story short, after 2 weeks of deliberation we ended up paying about $2000 to have the gunite truck come back and fill in the pool the way it should have been shot in the first place. We were not happy about this at all, but in the end, when spending over 50k on a pool it was well worth the extra 2k to have it done right. Otherwise the pool would have been basically un-usable. Too shallow to be a diving pool, and too deep for any normal people to stand and hang out in.

Sorry to take so long to finish this thread. Gunite was used to raise the level of the floor. I was not home when the gunite was done. My son reports that the gunite company placed rebar that was done in a similar fashion to the first pour. He says that they drilled holes and stubbed the new rebar into the existing Gunite. The rebar was not placed only as stubs at the joints, but was placed across the floor as if it were new construction. The floor was raised about 12 inches in the shallow end. I would certainly have preferred to have it done correctly at the outset, but I am satisfied that the pool builder did his best to rectify the situation. Time will tell how well it holds up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.