Pool is Muddy, what should I do?

crabtreed

Jul 2, 2022
Chanute KS
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I know everyone is going to jump to algae right away. And it is definitely in there as well. The water is brown/green. The reason I think it is muddy is because we had a huge rain (10 inches) a few weeks before we took our cover off. Dirty water/grass was flowing into the pool for hours during the storm. I cant see even close to the bottom to vacuum effectively. I am currently on day 2 of a SLAM. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts? I am worried I am going to have to drain the pool. These photos are less than 48 hours apart IMG_1305.jpegView attachment 570939

The SLAM level chlorine will kill the organics, but you still have to get the mud out of the pool by filtering, scooping, vacuuming, etc. Are you doing all of that and keeping an eye on your filter pressure. Any ideas how much mud and debris is on the bottom?

The SLAM level chlorine will kill the organics, but you still have to get the mud out of the pool by filtering, scooping, vacuuming, etc. Are you doing all of that and keeping an eye on your filter pressure. Any ideas how much mud and debris is on the bottom?
Yes, been filtering since opening it up. I have tried to scoop the bottom with my net with no luck of pulling anything. I cant say for sure how much mud is in the pool. But I am sure of a lot of grass and leaves. Our robot vacuum is filling up very quickly.

Reactions: JJ_Tex and Newdude
Sounds like you are doing everything right, keep at it and the quicker you get stuff out of the pool, the quicker it should clear up.

It will probably take days even weeks. Make sure you take pictures daily so you can look back and see progress. That helps people get though the frustrating waiting game.

Reactions: Newdude
Sounds like you are doing everything right, keep at it and the quicker you get stuff out of the pool, the quicker it should clear up.

It will probably take days even weeks. Make sure you take pictures daily so you can look back and see progress. That helps people get though the frustrating waiting game.
Thanks for the advice!

I'm always torn with these because you need filtration. But that also makes mixing which hinders the filtration to an extent.

Once you make some progress you may need to pause to let it settle for 12(?) hours at a time. Then you can vac that much out and get back to filtering.

Keep us posted. :)