pool is cloudy/greenish..HELP

Not sure if you are ready for the oclt yet.... Have you been able to brush much? how are you testing? I missed that.... To know for sure, you will need the right materials to test... Read up here ...pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison

I know you are in a hurry to get this over, but believe me, it all moves in its own time ... There are things you can do to help, like keep up with the FC, and things that can hurt, like not understanding what and why you are putting whatever in your pool.... If you try to do this blindly or by guessing, it may take longer and you may have a setback...

But the pros here can prob advise you better. :cool:

Btw, and sorry, I may have missed this, what was going on prior to the green, high heat? Lot of rain you said, heavy bather load? Missed adding daily chlorine?? Might be some clues there to help in offering guidance. ...

Keep posting... :)

Don't forget... a green pool will become
a grey cloudy pool then
a blue cloudy pool then a
"I can almost see the squares" to
"I can see the squares but I can't tell what side of the coin is up" to
<<<<--- "Heads!"

.....and then you do the OCLT.

With the standard Intex filter, this takes at least a week. Tracy knows it can take much longer than you have patience for.

Thanks for te input. I can see the squares today and it is holding chlorine well.. Maybe I had a mild case of algae? Or should I still be shocking it even know I can see the squares and it's back to blue? I am just using test strips right now and since shocking it 2 days ago it hasn't dropped below 5 in FC on the tests...

techguy said:
Don't forget... a green pool will become
a grey cloudy pool then
a blue cloudy pool then a
"I can almost see the squares" to
"I can see the squares but I can't tell what side of the coin is up" to
<<<<--- "Heads!"

.....and then you do the OCLT.

With the standard Intex filter, this takes at least a week. Tracy knows it can take much longer than you have patience for.

Amen to the patience !!!!!!!!!!!!! I was ready to drain the pool and say forget it for this year!!!!!!

Jdsmitty10 said:
Thanks for te input. I can see the squares today and it is holding chlorine well.. Maybe I had a mild case of algae? Or should I still be shocking it even know I can see the squares and it's back to blue? I am just using test strips right now and since shocking it 2 days ago it hasn't dropped below 5 in FC on the tests...

There are a lot more qualified people here but if it was me I would keep shocking until you can get a better test kit. I personally have the taylor test kit. Liquid test kits are much closer that the the test strips are. (IMHO)You need to shock until you can pass the OCLT test

Basically, follow the test steps, and if you lose more than 1 ppm of chlorine between sundown and sunup, something is consuming your chlorine. Testing at night eliminates sunlight from the equation and helps determine if there's something organic at fault.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.