Pool Heatpump help

Mar 15, 2016
Easley, SC
I have a Pentair HeatPump HP 1200. I purchased it used two years ago and all has been good. This season I opened the pool and once everything was in working order I tested the heatpump. It started up just fine and was heating the water. Pool has been open about a month now and when I went to power the heatpump on it will not start up. I disconnected it from the automation panel and no difference. The fan will not start up and the heatpump never starts up. I have no error codes. I tested the capacitor and it checked out as working. I do have some strange things going on with the control pad. When I press the on/off button it never turns the green light off that says heater on. The second issue is the up/down buttons to adjust the temp will bring up the software version so I cannot adjust the temp. Could it be the control pad has gone bad? Just looking for any advice.

Thanks. Good to have that manual in the link. Since I cannot change any settings I am pretty sure it's the control panel. I cannot adjust temp or scroll through any settings as the up/down buttons only give me a software number. I am guessing if the control panel is bad, I also cannot control it remotely.

How old is it?

What is the date from the sticker with the barcode and part number?

Check the contactor.

Pentair_UltraTemp_Burnt_Contactor1.jpg

Pentair_UltraTemp_Burnt_Contactor2.jpg

Reactions: panic_button
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.