Pool Heater Recommendation from the Pro's

Jun 16, 2013
Bucks County PA
Hey guys/gals... at the title says, I'm looking for some recommendations from the Pro's on a Pool Heater. I'm still researching and investigating on my own as well, but I want to hear what you guys would recommend and I also want to hear what a "reasonable" price would be for my area.

Here is what I have:
  1. I'm on the East Coast - in PA.
  2. In-Ground 32 x 16 - Vinyl liner pool
  3. 1 1/2 PVC with a Hayward 1.5 HP Pump and a FNS 48 Filter
  4. Obviously I have electricity out to the pump/filter, but I do not have a gas line
  5. I have Direct sunlight from 9:am till 8:pm with no tree's or leaves to deal with for the most part
  6. Yes, I will have a pad for the heater and Tanks if needed
I'm only looking to use the heater to bring the pool up to a reasonable start up temperatures in the spring and later in the fall when the temps drop at nights. Right now, once the temp drops at night time, the pool temp will drop as low as 70 the next day. Although it might be hot out the next day no one wants to use it (or stay in it) at that temp, hence why I'm looking at a heater. My Nephew has a propane heater that came with his house. For whatever reason he likes to keep his pool temp in the high 80's...he has a lot of tress and shade though. I'm just looking to get it to 80 and let the sun take over from there...

Anyway, I want to get your thoughts...

Thanks,

Is your house NG or propane?

Do you have 60A 240V available to run to the pool equipment for a heat pump?

You need 240V and 50-60 amps to run a heat pump.

You should look into the cost and feasibility of getting 240V to your equipment pad before we discuss Heat Pumps.

Cost to run NG line varies widely. You should get an estimate to run it to your equipment pad.

Those things will then steer the discussion about heaters.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.