I ordered a ton of bleach as well. I started seeing some evidence of algae growing the other day so I raised the fc as much as I could with the bleach and shock I had on hand. The water is almost totally clear now but a tiny bit greenish dust is coming up when I brush the bottom. Do I SLAM or just keep FC on the high side? Do I need algeacide? I know what to do with a totally green pool, but what about when it's just a lil' bit cloudy? I still don't have my TF-100, just regular test strips which show the FC, CYA, and PH. They all appear within 'normal' levels according to the strips. FC > 5, ph 7.2 - 7.4, CYA ~ 100 I think.

Got my TF-100 today. Tried to do the FC drop test and had a question. Following the instructions, I kept adding drops until the liquid turned clear. There were still some tiny pink swirls in the very bottom that stuck there as I kept adding drops. Do I keep adding drops until the swirls disappear? After a while I stopped adding drops and just swished the vial, at which point the remaining pink disappeared. I need to do the test again. Any thoughts on when to stop putting drops?

Got my TF-100 today. Tried to do the FC drop test and had a question. Following the instructions, I kept adding drops until the liquid turned clear. There were still some tiny pink swirls in the very bottom that stuck there as I kept adding drops. Do I keep adding drops until the swirls disappear? After a while I stopped adding drops and just swished the vial, at which point the remaining pink disappeared. I need to do the test again. Any thoughts on when to stop putting drops?
Swirl the vial while adding the drops. If there is still color, swirl some more. If it won't go away, add more drops. You'll get the hang of it quickly.

I don't view TFP as strict guidelines of adding this and that each day or each week. I view TFP as an understanding of your water chemistry.

Think of it more as an understanding of what your pool needs to stay sanitized and safe for swimming.
:goodpost:
Once you've got understanding, you can carry it for a while just by knowing "I ought to give it X amount of bleach tomorrow." And that's not work, it's an excuse to go hang out at the pool for a couple minutes!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.