Pool gate latch

Lou-SADL

Silver Supporter
Hi all,

We will be tearing down the patio between the house and our above ground pool, rebuilding anew and changing the configuration at the same time. We would have 3 steps to go down from the main patio, which is at the house level, and the new pool access. Like everyone, we need a gate to protect the pool access. In our town, and most of the Quebec province (Canada), the gate latch has to be on the pool side of the gate. Since we will have 3 steps going down to the pool, we want the gate to open away from the pool so we do not have to step back and down to open the gate.

Any suggestion of latches for this configuration?

I found this latch, anyone knows if it is possible to reverse the direction of the latch bolt so that I could install the whole thing on the other side of the gate?
1708804617077.jpeg

I'm 99.9% sure you can flip it 180 degrees to either use it on the front of the gate instead of the back, or the right side instead of the left.

Screenshot_20240224_151522_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.