Pool Gas Heater

Since mine has been trouble free for 28 years I guess they don't make them like they used to (both the heaters and the check valves.)
I think I figured something out. My heater has the water connections near the top of the heater like the Raypak. That puts the chlorinator is below the water connections and there is no way for the water to flow back up into the heater. My check valve probably isn't doing anything. The other style heaters with the connections down low can easily have water drain from the chlorinator back into the heater.

Hello,
Since we started to look last year for a gas heater so late in the season, we decided to wait until this year, just in case something better comes out. We're currently looking at Pentair Master EC-462028, HaywardHDF400 but, we're open to other recommendations. Before we make the final purchase can you please review the thread for details and recommend the best gas heater for our pool. If at all possible, please provide the pro's and con's so that we can have a better understanding of your recommendation. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

You have my views about the various heaters earlier in this thread.

You never showed us pics of your gas meter data plates.

I'm not sure why you can't see the pictures that I provided but, basically there is no limit on the BTUs. I even had the township inspector to check the gas line and he said that based on the gas line, there is no limit.

I'm not sure why you can't see the pictures that I provided but, basically there is no limit on the BTUs. I even had the township inspector to check the gas line and he said that based on the gas line, there is no limit.
What message is the pictures in?

No gas company will provide unlimited BTUs.

When I said "unlimited", I meant that we are not restricted in BTUs. What are your thoughts about Pentair Master EC-462028 and HaywardHDF400. Which gas heater is most efficient, low maintenance and preferably controlled by a phone application (not a MUST)?

When I said "unlimited", I meant that we are not restricted in BTUs.

There is always a limit at residences.

What are your thoughts about Pentair Master EC-462028 and HaywardHDF400. Which gas heater is most efficient, low maintenance and preferably controlled by a phone application (not a MUST)?

They are basically the same.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support