Pool full of Ectocooler!!

Speedstir rocks - highly recommend that. And I have to say that water color is indeed beautiful, although certainly not what you want!

One thing that has not been asked yet, by chance did that algaecide you were using contain Copper? If so you should be aware copper buildup can turn water green

<cough cough> Post #12 up there Buddy. :poke: LOL :)

Having never purchased algaecide before, I wonder how obvious the copper containing products are? I know those darn ChloroxBlue products are very discrete in admitting they contain copper..... I wish they were required to make that clear on the label for folks who don't recognize what that "blue" signifies.

ITS BLUE!!! ITS BLUE!!! ITS REALLY REALLY BLUE!! Thank you soo soo much to everyone that had the patience with me to help!! The bleach worked and its now blue again!! I spent all weekend brushing and vacuuming... I have the pH down to normal ranges as well... I really am thankful for all of you!! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is it blue yet cloudy or blue and clear? If its not clear, you're not quite done with the SLAM.

The 3 criteria for a successful completed SLAM are: water is clear, CCs are 0.5ppm or less, and OCLT shows a loss of 1ppm or less.

if you water is just a little cloudy, you aren't done. Maintain shock level until all three of these things happen:

1. clear water. like Waterford crystal clear.
2. CC is 0.5 or less
3. overnight chlorine loss is 1.0 or less

only when all three things occur at the same time are you finished.

It is a little cloudy yes, but it is blue. So the CL level has stayed at 3 all weekend long.. Is there something else I'm missing?

A FC level of 3 is no where near SLAM level, and if you don't jump back in to the SLAM any remaining algae will start reproducing again. Keep at it until you can meet all three critera as listed above by Northrn.

Could you please post a complete set of test results from your TF-50? It will really help us get you to the end of this.

Please post:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Glad to hear the pool is no longer green!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.