Pool Finish and Cleaning

HtownPool08

May 8, 2020
Houston, TX
This forum has been hugely helpful to me when we built our first pool a few years ago. Fast forward now, and we're building a new house with a new pool.

We currently have Stonescapes Mini Pebble, and it's been great. No issues keeping clean with our robot and closely follow TFP method for balancing chemicals with SWCG.

Now, looking at a new pool, many of the builders are suggesting finishes such as Quartzscapes or Wet Edge Luna Quartz. I know it's smoother, but is it just as easy to keep clean?

I might just stick with what I know as mini pebble type finishes (Stonescapes or Wet Edge) seem great overall.

Any other key difference between finish types? Color lasting longer, more even color, etc?

Now, looking at a new pool, many of the builders are suggesting finishes such as Quartzscapes or Wet Edge Luna Quartz. I know it's smoother, but is it just as easy to keep clean?

Yes, just as easy to keep clean.
Any other key difference between finish types? Color lasting longer, more even color, etc?

Smoothness and look.

Many claims are made trying to differentiate their product or justify an upcharge.

Reactions: HtownPool08
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.