Pool Filter Sizing Question

Jun 16, 2013
Bucks County PA
Hey Guys...

First off, I love the site and what you guys/gals are contributing to the pool community. There's a ton of useful information here and I appreciate all the help I can get from everyone.

I have an older in-ground vinyl liner Sylvan pool with the following spec's.
- Size: 34 x 17ft
- 8 ft in the deep end x 3 ft in the shallow
- 1 1/2 pipes
- 1.5 HP Hayward Super Pump
- Dolphin CC Plus cleaner
- I currently have a DE Pentair FNS Plus 48 which someone threw away in the trash. It just needed the manifold and some O-rings, which I replaced and its been running great for 2 years with no issues.

This week, I found another good deal on CL for a Pentair FNS Plus 60. I paid $70 for this one, and it only needs a pressure gauge and an inlet tube.
So here's my question... given the size of my pool, would it behoove me to replace my existing FNS 48 with the FNS 60 and sell the 48... or just keep the 48 on there..?

What would you guys do...?

Thanks guys, and have a Great 4th of July...!!

Rick

I doubt you will see any operational difference in your pool between the two filters. Keep whichever one is in better condition and sell the other.

ajw... thanks for getting back to me. I thought for sure that people were going to reply back to use the FNS 60. both filters are in very good condition actually. I was more concerned about my plumbing and pump supporting the larger NFS 60 filter. But, if you think there wont be a significant benefit by upgrading, then I probably wont.... and just clean it up and sell it..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.