Pool filling from city water - filter?

schwankegeneral

Jun 4, 2023
Chittenango, NY
I was reading another article about phosphates and one of the suggestions in limiting them and other containments would be to use an rv filter. Just wanted to see if anyone has noticed a difference if they have gone this route or just a waste of money.

For clarification this is not to fill the pool initially but to add an inch or two after evaporation. Thanks all. Appreciate the response as I’ve learned so much on this site.

IMG_3945.png

Welcome! :wave: In all honesty, I've not tried such a filter. If someone was to experiment to see if the filter had any significant impact on phosphates in a pool, they would have to have their own phosphate test kit to try and do a good before & after comparison. But in the majority of cases here at TFP, it's not something you should be concerned about. Follow TFP methodology and the Pool Care Basics page recommendations and the rest will all fall into place. Of course that all starts with proper water testing with a TF-series test kit (link in my signature) or Taylor K-2006C kit. Do that and 99.9% of your work is done. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.