Pool essentials 4 in 1 shock 56% other ingredients?

willygee

Silver Supporter
Aug 24, 2020
central fla
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Leftover from prior owner 3 years ago... What are other ingredients? Our pool strictly TFP pool...cya 30 FC 3 to 5ppm. Strictly liquid chlorine and some muriatic acid after a rain or aeration. Have never needed to shock the pool. Water crystal clear. Does this four in one shock have any social redeeming value for our pool... For instance if we were to go on vacation for a couple of weeks?1692544316556446315976687429840.jpg

Trichlor is CYA and Chlorine. The other 2 functions appear to be trade secrets, but most of the possibilities are bad for the pool.

Frequent add ins are copper, flocculant, clarifiers or dry acid. I'd pitch it, or give it to a friend who uses that sorta stuff. Which is any friend. :ROFLMAO:

Some of it is likely to be sodium bicarbonate to offset the acidity of the trichlor. Ask me how I know (and why my attempt to lower TA by using a few ounces of trichlor powder actually raised it) 😅

But that doesn't mean there isn't some other mystery ingredient. Rule of thumb is to know what you're adding to your water, so I'd give it away.

Reactions: Newdude
You would need to contact the manufacturer to ask them.

They will likely tell you that the other ingredients are “Trade Secrets”.

Recreational Water Products, Inc. PO Box 1449.

Buford, GA 30515-1449

Telephone: (800) 252-7665

In my opinion, there is probably Aluminum Sulfate.

The rest might be salt (sodium chloride), sodium tetraborate, baking soda, copper sulfate etc.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1692546842341.png
1692547009023.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1692547155975.png
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Below is a different product that has 630g/Kg Available Chlorine (CI) present as Trichloroisocyanuric Acid also contains 300G/Kg Sodium Tetraborate Pentahydrate.

1692546903041.png

Attachments

• 1692546548430.png
    1692546548430.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Newdude
There is probably Sodium Tetraborate Pentahydrate, aluminum sulfate, and maybe copper sulfate and sodium sulfate.

Trade secret 031 is probably sodium sulfate.

Trade Secret 2 is probably Sodium Tetraborate.

https://kik-sds.thewercs.com/MyDocu...tent=A12BF79D-CF65-464B-AA2A-51B24B1FC6C4_PDF

https://kik-sds.thewercs.com/?searchpage
__________________________________________________________________________________________

1692548882642.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________

1692549213135.png
https://www.ipshawaii.com/wp-conten...______________________________MTR_AGHS_EN.pdf

I think that it is made by KIK, which is the company that makes Clorox brand pool chemicals.

They love to put copper in everything.

So, the 4 things are probably trichlor, sodium tetraborate, copper sulfate and aluminum sulfate.

Copper is the biggest problem.

Is there any blue in the granules or are the granules white only?

The borate is not a problem.

The aluminum sulfate is the clarifier.

Aluminum sulfate is not good, but probably not a big problem as long as you don't use too much.

Contact KIK to see if they will tell you anything.

would even feel guilty donating it:cautious:
Don't. Whoever is going to use it with or without you. You might as well hook a buddy up, although one bag of shock isn't exactly going to ease anyone's financial burden. :ROFLMAO:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.