Jurate1

Apr 22, 2021
Tucson
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello everyone, I am noticing significant cracking in the concrete slab that my pool equipment rests on.. It was only a slight crack a few months ago but with our monsoon rains it has now gotten worse. So a few questions. It sounds like an expensive proposition to have someone remove all the equipment and then have another company pour a new slab, then replace all the equipment.... Has anyone had to do this? Also is it necessary that the equipment rest on a concrete slab. The Jandy pump appears to be drilled into the slab. However the Pentair filter is not secured to concrete. Could I replace the concrete slab with brick pavers or other solid surface vs concrete? Thanks Ginapool slab.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone, I am noticing significant cracking in the concrete slab that my pool equipment rests on.. It was only a slight crack a few months ago but with our monsoon rains it has now gotten worse. So a few questions. It sounds like an expensive proposition to have someone remove all the equipment and then have another company pour a new slab, then replace all the equipment.... Has anyone had to do this? Also is it necessary that the equipment rest on a concrete slab. The Jandy pump appears to be drilled into the slab. However the Pentair filter is not secured to concrete. Could I replace the concrete slab with brick pavers or other solid surface vs concrete? Thanks Gina
That appears to be a pre-fab equipment pad, it has a "Styrofoam" core. Here's an example:

They were designed to have equipment sit on them, not be drilled into, as the actual concrete portion is very thin.
As ajw22 said, it is not a need yet, but if it makes you stress less, they are great

Using individual bricks is OK, but paving stones would be better as the surface area on the ground would be greater with less chance of movement.

New concrete slab would be best, but for +/- $100.00 the above slab would work well for many years. It is light weight, your equipment has unions, so disconnect the plumbing, lift off the pump and filter, slide old one out, new one in, reconnect plumbing. You don't need or want to attach the conduit or pump to the pad, it will split again.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.