Pool Equipment Remodeling Advice

I do not know why you would want to be pumping water to the floor and NOT filtering it. That just seems wasteful to me and maybe why your gears and pop ups are not working.

I always ran the floor system. That is what they are meant for. They need to run a lot to be effective and with a big pump so use a lot of power. Thus I would not do it again. Robots are cheaper and more effective.

I could have changed the valve to return to the wall, but there was no reason too. It was really a backup if there was a problem with the floor.

One of the floor zones was in the spa and would spill over the pool. If I wanted to use the spa, I turned 2 valves and flipped on the heater.

Waterfall was small so did not use too much of the floor flow, but it was plumbed on the pool return side so could not be used while in spa mode. This was a decision I made when building the pool.

I do not know why you would want to be pumping water to the floor and NOT filtering it. That just seems wasteful to me and maybe why your gears and pop ups are not working.

I agree you always want to run the filter when you are running the infloor. However, and others can chime in, you might not necessarily always want to run the infloor everytime you want to run the filter. Here is what I might consider doing if they were running on the same pump:

1 Run Filter and Infloor at 10pm. Set pump to high speed.
2 Run Filter but stop running Infloor at 2am. Set pump to low speed
3 Stop Filter/Infloor Pump completely at 6am

It is certainly possible that I might need to run both for 8 hours a day. But I would get savings and flexibility if I could run infloor for only a fraction of the time that the filter is running.

As for the infloor not working, I believe it is probably due to leaks on the infloor line. Hopefully fixing that leak will fix the infloor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.